Other Credit Factors
Mortgage companies look at other information besides your credit score and credit profile before deciding whether to approve your mortgage. They also consider:
- Income stability
- Employment history
- Monthly debts in relation to your income
- Savings amount and methods
- Mortgage type
- Property type and value
- Down payment amount
- Timeliness of rent and utilities payments
The results of this analysis will determine if you have clean credit.
You may also find these pages of interest:
- Bad Credit Mortgage Loan – When those with bad credit try to get mortgage loans.
- Bad Credit – The implications of having bad credit are serious.
- Credit Scoring and How it Works – Credit scoring, also known as FICO scoring, is a statistical method of assessing the credit risk of a loan applicant.