Can Credit Repair Companies Be Trusted?
U.S. District Court Judge J. Wexler entered the following legal opinion in the Federal Supplement, “Since allowing third parties to assist consumers will likely lead to the expedited correction of credit reports it will further the purposes of the [Fair Credit Reporting] Act.
The credit repositories, on the other hand, have declared war against credit repair services and those selling how-to-do-it-yourself instruction, lambasting them in the media. Some consumers have been chastised by the credit bureaus for relying on “unethical methods” of credit repair.
Make no bones about it, there are many unscrupulous credit repair companies. It is buyer beware – time to do your due diligence. Verify the following information:
- How long has the company been in business?
- Are they bonded?
- Are you given a warranty, where the credit repair company promises a refund if certain results don’t occur?
We realize that all things being equal, you’ll do business with those you know, like and trust. We have built our business one relationship at a time. Get to know us. Contact RMCN Credit Services today.
Additional information is located on these pages:
- Experian, Equifax and Trans-Union – What are the key credit reporting agencies?
- Credit Repair Service Agency – Seeking the help of a credit repair service agency can improve your credit score.
- Credit Repair Business – Best criteria for deciding which credit repair business to choose